This position has to travel regularly to Myeik and Hpa-An.
•Regularly assess finance management capacity and systems of field offices;
•Design and lead implementation of capacity development plan on finance management for each field office;
•Design and implement finance capacity monitoring system;
•Support the development and roll-out of unified finance management systems in accordance with the finance management policy;
•Assist staff in using appropriate finance management software (QuickBooks);
•Lead an ongoing process to appraise each field office’s financial controls and systems. This will include field visits, desk audits and other methods as appropriate. Ensure recommendations are well documented and implemented in agreement with each office;
•Provide particular support to finance and admin staff in each field office to enable them produce and submit accurate expenditure reports. Support will include design of accounting and reporting systems, design of standard documents and report formats, training and on-going financial guidance;
•Participate in program team meetings to ensure a full understanding of all program work and any financial implications arising;
•Assist and support for aware of finance manual for each finance staff;
•Assist and lead in exploring any problems from field finance staff for follow-up procedure;
•Explore difference policy and procedure between respective office and National office and make unified process according to organization's standard policy and procedure;
•Participate in daily financial procedure with field office staff;
Submit monthly report for progress and flag issues to supervisor for respective project.
•Play a key role in the field office review meetings and six monthly and annual review meetings;
•Provide advice on establishing appropriate filing and storage systems for finance documents in each office;
•Assist and implement financial duty for other contracted project by our organization.
Job Offer Senior Finance Officer in Yangon
Job TitleSenior Finance Officer
- •Bachelor degree from a recognized accounting body or related professional qualification.
- •Minimum of three year experiences in senior financial management position with finance, budgeting, accounting and grant management experience.
- •Ability to travel and experience in working with INGOs, NGOs is a must.
- •Practical experience in using QuickBooks accounting software is preferable.
- •Proficient in Excel and experience with Word and PowerPoint.
- •Ability to manage diversity and to work in multi-culture environment.
- •Excellent interpersonal, mentoring, negotiation and team building skill.
- •Systematic working methods, problem solving skills, ability to delegate effectively.
- •Determined to achieve good results and service-minded attitudes to work in the humanitarian sector.
- •Flexible and open to learn new things.
- •Participate in solving the problems arising from financial procedure;
- •Assist and Support for Consolidated Report and Consolidated Budget submitting by Field Office's finance Staff in time;
- •Assist in clearly know and perform their duty according to each field finance staff's jobs description;
- •Assist and support to Logistics, Admin and HR for their procedure related with finance policy and procedure (Petty Cash, Procurement System, Timesheet and Payroll System, etc.);
- •Monthly discussion with other project staffs and responsible person for exploring unified procedure and policy;
- •Perform any other work as assigned by supervisors.
- We work with team spirit, flexible working hour, enjoyable working environment.
MMK 600,000 to MMK 800,000
Temporary / Contract
No.46/48, Shan Kone Street, Myaynigone, Sanchaung Tsp., Yangon
Browse All Jobs